Lecturer at the math department of Ben-Gurion University, Be'er-Sheva, Israel.
I received my PhD in 2007 from the Hebrew University, under the supervision of Ehud Hrushovski. Previous positions include:
- Postdoc at the Mathematics department of The Hebrew University in Jerusalem, Israel, working with Ehud Hrushovski.
- Postdoc at the Mathematics department of Notre-Dame University, where I worked with Sergei Starchenko, as well as others in the logic group
- Postdoc at the Pure Math department of the University of Waterloo. I worked there with Rahim Moosa.
- Modnet postdoc at the maths department of the University of East-Anglia, where I worked with David Evans.
My full CV is available, and my contact details are below.
I am interested in model theory (a branch of mathematical logic), and its interactions with other areas of mathematics, especially algebraic geometry, representation theory and differential equations. I also like algebraic geometry in general, as well as category theory and related subjects. A more detailed description appears of my research is available. My papers are available on the arXiv.
In Spring 2017 I am teaching Non-commutative algebra (basic graduate course, in Hebrew)
Some lecture notes from courses I taught in the past:
- applied algebra for CS (in Hebrew)
- Undergraduate logic (in Hebrew)
- Model theory of valued fields (motivic integration) A graduate course at BGU, Spring 2015. Mostly motivic integration in the style of Hrushovski--Kazhdan
- Set theory Graduate course on forcing and related topics, given on Fall 2011 at Notre-Dame
- Undergraduate algebra Mostly group theory, and an introduction to Galois theory, winter 2011 at Notre-Dame
- Model theory of difference
ACFA) Graduate course, following the paper of Chatzidakis and Hrushovski. Fall 2009, Notre-Dame
These are some shorter notes, mainly from lectures I gave.
- Definable groups of Automorphisms This a summary of the main part of my PhD thesis
- Model theory of Tannakian categories A proof of the group reconstruction theorem via model theory
- Differential tensor categories Tannakian formalism for differential linear groups, with model theoretic proofs
- Motivic integration An introductory review of motivic integration, following Loeser and Hrushovski-Kazhdan
- Differential Galois theory An introduction to Galois theory of linear differential equations