- Introduction: overall description of the multi-purpose digital computer operation, the central processing unit (CPU) organization, representation and processing of information (data and programs).
- Machine language: representation of operations and commands, selecting the command set, designing the command architecture, addressing modes.
- Control Unit: application methods by logic and micro-programming, interpretation and execution of command set.
- Arithmetic Unit: numbers representation, basic arithmetic operations in digital systems, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of fix and floating point numbers.
- Memory Unit: memory types, addressing methods, memory organization, virtual memory, cache memory.
- Input/Output Unit: I/O addressing modes, I/O data transferring control by serial polling, interrupt and direct memory access (DMA).
University course catalogue: 361.1.3301