Dr. Inna Entova-Aizenbud
Time and Place:
- Rings. Ring of polynomials and its ideal structure. The prime factorization of a polynomial. Lagrange interpolation.
- Eigenvalues and eigenvectors of linear operators.
- Characteristic polynomial and Cayley-Hamilton theorem. The primary decomposition theorem. Diagonalization. Nilpotent operators. Jordan decomposition in small dimension Jordan decomposition in general dimension- time permitted
- Linear forms. Dual basis. Bilinear forms.
- Inner product spaces. Orthogonal bases. Projections. Adjoint linear transformation. Unitary and Hermitian operators.
- Normal operators and the spectral decomposition theorem. Singular value decomposition theorem and applications.