Arithmetic Methods in Cryptography
An introduction to applications of algebra and number theory in the field of cryptography. In particular, the use of elliptic curves in cryptography is studied in great detail.
- Introduction to cryptography and in particular to public key systems, RSA, Diffie-Hellman, ElGamal.
- Finite filelds, construction of all finite fields, efficient arithmetic in finite fields.
- Elliptic curves, the group law of an elliptic curve, methods for counting the number of points of an elliptic curves over a finite field: Baby-step giant step, Schoof’s method.
- Construction of elliptic curves based cryptographic systems.
- Methods for prime decomposition, the elliptic curves method, the quadratic sieve method.
- Safety of public key cryptographic methods.